Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Reflections on Healing - 14 Days of Self Appreciation Challenge: Day 3



Full moon over lake Ontario
photographer Renate Dundys Marrello 
February 3rd, and today is also a full moon.  

Some call it the Snow Moon, others the Cold Moon, and still others the Wolf Moon.  

Regardless of the name the brightness of a full moon on a cold, dark, is beautiful and inspires contemplation.



I have been studying the lunar cycle, to have something to do to focus on other than the circular thinking that inevitably happens around the topic of being estranged, where the mind plays tricks on you keeping you stuck in the past.

In the course of learning about the lunar cycle I also started learning about moon symbolism or what some call “moon magic”.   I think magic lies in the mind.  So if you believe something in your mind you can make it manifest in your life.
Moon magic says that the fool moon is a time to release. 

It is also said to be a time when prayers are especially powerful.  



So as my third day of self-appreciation, I honour the moon as part of the bountiful beauty of the universe that is available for me to enjoy.  I pray for the strength to release old thoughts and negative habits that no longer serve in my life.  




Today I will do a full moon ritual to connect with that place of respect and prayer.

  • Prepare a ritual bath, scented with favorite herbs/oils or sea salt, as I cleanse my body I will also visualize cleansing my mind of negative thoughts.
  • Meditate to clear my mind and heart of any thoughts, past ruminations or emotions that no longer serve me.
  • I will visualize myself starting  down a new path toward harmony and contentment with what is given me to experience.
  • I will anoint my chakra points and spend some time meditating on where my life is right now and which points need strengthening.
  • I will focus inward on myself and remind myself that it is a good thing to learn to appreciate who I am and to celebrate my virtues rather than beating myself down for my failings. 
  • I will let go of what is past and open myself up to new possibilities,
  • I will let the negative go and allow the positive to take over.
  • I will welcome joy and peace and love into my daily life. 
  • I will allow myself to feel so good.  To feel good about myself and who I am.


This is my self-appreciation gift to myself today.

Will you join me?







Renate Dundys Marrello

2015 – 02 – 03 

My face book Reflections Page

photo credits  -  Blue moon Shamanic Reiki, unknown 

No comments:

Post a Comment