Sunday, February 1, 2015

Reflections on Healing: 14 Days of Self Appreciation Challenge: Day 1

Here it is!  Feb 1st. 

As Valentine’s Day approaches it is time to devote 14 days to doing good things for myself.  Last year I was unsuccessful in my plan.  I did not fully believe I was worthy of loving and appreciating myself.  

For me this is a second attempt.  I think this year I am better prepared.  I have done more research and more learning.  I am ready for this challenge.

I invite you to join me on this journey?

Start the day with reading: 

Why is self-esteem important?



Do some evaluation of my core beliefs and areas I want to change








My self-esteem ritual 


Anoint a pink candle with rose essential oil
  • As I do this I will visualize all my self-esteem becoming stronger and more healthy.
  • Inhale the scent and say “I am worthy of positive and loving self-thoughts”

Light the pink (symbolic of love and affection) candle
  • As I light the candle repeat my intention:  “I am worthy of positive and loving self-thoughts”
Hold some rose quartz (also symbolic of love and affection)
  • write out the negative thoughts that I cling to on one sheet of paper
  • as I write out each negative thought say “I am worthy of positive and loving self-thoughts therefore I cast you out of my mind”
  • on a second sheet of paper write out the new thoughts I want to embrace.
  • As you right each of these new thoughts I repeat “I am worthy of positive and loving self-thoughts”
  • When done with writing the positive list stroke the page with the rose quartz and repeat my intention:  “I am worthy of positive and loving self-thoughts”
  • Now place the rose quart near the candle

Take the negative thoughts page and set it on fire 
  • say "I am worthy of positive and loving self-thoughts therefore I burn and banish these old negative thoughts from my mind"

Take the page of good thoughts 
  • say "I am worthy of loving self-thoughts and therefore I will cherish these positive thoughts"
  • Place the sheet of paper in a frame or similar place of honour so that I can see it, read it, and embrace the positive thoughts easily and often.

Allow the candle to burn down.  
  • Imagine the burning flame and the rose scent releasing positive and loving energy into my life.  
  • Everytime I see the candle burning and / or smell the fragrance of roses I will be reminded of the new loving and positive thoughts I am welcoming into my life

I pamper myself with a spa like retreat, a rose scented, candle lit bubble bath.  Soft music is playing and as I relax I will meditate on how deserving I am of loving and positive thoughts.

While drying myself with a clean and soft towel I imagine my inner mother lavishing my inner child with love and kindness.

Renate Dundys Marrello
2015 – 02 – 01 
My reflections page on Facebook

photo credits:  Hosting pics.net, candleslovetoknow.com, photl.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment