Sunday, January 27, 2013

Little Things Do Make a Difference:


Recently I was on a trip to Jamaica where I met up with friends from previous trips.  Returning to see friends you have not seen in a while is one of the great pleasures in life.  There were stories and meals and enjoyable company to share.  All of it was really quite wonderful.
But it was a little thing that made the memory of this trip extra special.  Such a little thing but it made a huge impact.  Looking back I wonder why such a little thing could have such importance.  And yet it is the thing that I remember most about a fabulous time in the company of good friends.
It was the hugs!
A hug is a handshake from the heart. ~Author Unknown

Every time I met a friend we would hug. We were sharing a rejoicing at seeing each other again.  It was a celebration of we are here together.  We have another opportunity to enjoy each other’s company. It set the stage for conversation and laughter.  It made my heart and spirit smile, not just my face.  I felt like a light had been lit in my soul.  Every day there were dozens of hugs. I felt such gratitude and joy to have such wonderful friends.

A hug costs nothing.  And yet it can bring such joy. 

A hug is a great gift - one size fits all, and it's easy to exchange. ~Author Unknown

Think of who needs a hug in your life and make sure you give them a hug right now if possible, or make a point to visit them really soon.  You never know, you may be giving them the most valuable gift ever.  You are letting them know that they are special to you.  You are letting them know that you care.  You are letting them know that in this crazy topsy turvy world of disputes and arguments, right now, at this moment, none of that matters and the only thing that is important is sharing a gesture of kindness and caring and generosity.

What a marvelous gift!

Hugging has no unpleasant side effects and is all natural. There are no batteries to replace, it's inflation-proof and non-fattening with no monthly payments. It's non-taxable, non-polluting, and is, of course, fully refundable. ~Author Unknown


Renate Dundys Marrello
2013 – 01 - 27


                ©  Photoart by Renate Dundys Marrello
                     


©  My journal blog entries and pictures are copyright
You may quote and share if you contact me and ask for permission
Photoart may be ordered as signed art if you contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment