Wednesday, January 23, 2013



2012 – 12 – 31 – final reflection on the past year

On the last day of the year I spent time reflecting on the journey that I have taken in the past 12 months. 2012 has been the first year that I have consciously written every day not just about the things that I have done but also the things that I have felt. I have journeyed through reflections on inspirations and quotes, experimented with creating quotes and finding my inner artist. I have learnt to take pride in my creativity, my ability to find beauty in the world around me and with growing confidence have attempted to capture in images and in words the wonders that surround me.

From a tentative beginning I ended up celebrating who I am and the things that I am capable of. I have poetry and verse, pictures and art, thoughtful reflections and the beginnings of a possible book or two all now collected together as a celebration of who I am and what I can create.

I have gone from doubting that I could, to thinking that I can. From being fearful of failure to accepting that whatever I create is better than creating nothing for fear it may not be good enough.

I have learnt that I have gifts that I have hidden for fear of rejection. And I have learnt that it does not matter what others think…there is pleasure in the doing, regardless of the outcome or the receptivity of others. I have learnt that sometimes what I create has an impression on others, and that fills me with joy. I have also learnt that even what I consider my failures teach me something about myself.

There have been days of sadness as I struggle with the challenges of my circumstances and there have been days of joy as I have been victorious in challenges that I have placed before myself. And now I stand on the brink of a new year and reflect that it has been a good year of personal growth and that I look forward to 2013 and more opportunities to discover the undiscovered country inside me.
 
Renate Dundys Marrello
2012 - 12 - 31
   Photoart by Renate Dundys Marrello
     My journal entries and picture are copyright
     You may quote and share as long as you give me credit.
     Photoart may be ordered as signed art if you contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment