Saturday, April 28, 2018

My Daily Reflection: Change




You know what?
Yes, I have changed.









  • I’ve changed because I have been hurt by people who said one thing and did another.
  • I’ve changed because my trust was betrayed.
  • I’ve changed because I have been lied to and about.
  • I’ve changed because I have been bullied and called names.
  • I’ve changed because I have learned that people manipulate the truth and gossip and destroy reputations.
  • I’ve changed because I have learned that people use other people to get what they want.
  • I’ve changed because I have learned that people will say and do anything to win, even when their winning means pain for others.


I’m not as nice as I used to be, because I no longer am willing to get used or be walked over. 

I don’t trust people and tell them my secrets, because behind fake smiles hide those who take advantage and betray.

I distance myself from people because they have to earn my trust before I will allow myself to move closer.

I’ve come to realize I’m the only person I can depend on 100%.  
I am the only one who knows my truth.
I am the only one who can protect myself from the unscrupulous by building a protective wall and boundaries that keep me safe.

Yes trauma does that!

It takes a trusting open person and changes them into a skeptical, cynical, untrusting person wrapped in a security blanket of personal protection.

Renate Dundys Marrello
2017 – 04 – 27

Link to my Facebook Reflections Page

My journal blog entries are copyright.
I love when you share my page to spread the word.

If you want to quote me I kindly ask that you please provide a link back to my page. 

photo credits:
Print from Pixabay / meme created by RDM



No comments:

Post a Comment