Thursday, January 12, 2023

My Daily Reflection: I'm tired of being the good girl.

I am tired of being good all the time!

Being good has meant that in my relationships I was not allowed to complain.  

  • Good people don't point out other people's shortcomings!
  • Good people don't make other people feel bad about themselves by pointing out their hurtful behaviour.
  • Good people forgive and overlook transgressions.
  • Good people turn the other cheek.

Because I wanted to be labeled as "good" I have had to accept being treated with disrespect, being taken for granted,  being denigrated, being dismissed, and being treated as unworthy; simply because good people are expected to grin and bear it,  and never point out the shortcomings or hurtful behaviours of others.  

Good people are expected to silently suffer abuse, to not make waves, to keep the peace at all costs.  That is what I was taught.  That is what I am now questioning.  

I am tired of being the good person who is willing to be walked all over.  No, I am more than tired;  I am exhausted!

If the only way people can see my goodness is by testing how much abuse I can tolerate, then I don't want to be good anymore.

I want to be the kind of good where I am appreciated for the good that I do not for the bad that I overlook.

Renate Dundys Marrello

2023 - 01 - 11


Link to my Facebook Reflections Page

My journal blog entries are copyright.
I love when you share my page to spread the word.

If you want to quote me I kindly ask that you please provide a link back to my page. 

photo credit:  as marked or unknown 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment